Bulk UUID Generator Online
What is a UUID?
A universally unique identifier (UUID) is a 128-bit number used to identify information in computer systems. The term globally unique identifier (GUID) is also used.
When generated according to the standard methods, UUIDs are for practical purposes unique, without depending for their uniqueness on a central registration authority or coordination between the parties generating them, unlike most other numbering schemes. While the probability that a UUID will be duplicated is not zero, it is close enough to zero to be negligible.
Thus, anyone can create a UUID and use it to identify something with near certainty that the identifier does not duplicate one that has already been, or will be, created to identify something else. Information labeled with UUIDs by independent parties can therefore be later combined into a single database, or transmitted on the same channel, with a negligible probability of duplication.
Adoption of UUIDs and GUIDs is widespread, with many computing platforms providing support for generating them, and for parsing their textual representation.
Features of Sita UUID Generator Tool
- Bulk UUID Generator: Our unique id tool can be used to produce codes in big volume and can be used if you need to create UUIDs very often. Just define how many UUIDs you want and get them in an instant.
- Fast and lightweight: Online tools can often be bulky and, as a result, hog lots of RAM in your web browser tab. We’ve made sure that generating lots of unique identifiers is a fast and pleasant experience for you.
- 3 formats to choose from: As per your need, you can choose the UUID formats -- Does not contain hyphen , include Braces UUID , and Lowercase UUID .
- Simple export options: Once unique ids are generated, you can export them using Copy button.
- Support Output List of uuid as Array, JSON
What is a Version 1 UUID?
A Version 1 UUID is a universally unique identifier that is generated using a timestamp and the MAC address of the computer on which it was generated.
What is a version 4 UUID?
A Version 4 UUID is a universally unique identifier that is generated using random numbers. The Version 4 UUIDs produced by this site were generated using a secure random number generator.
The generation of a v4 UUID is much simpler to comprehend. The bits that comprise a UUID v4 are generated randomly and with no inherent logic. Because of this, there is no way to identify information about the source by looking at the UUID.
How does UUID work?
The UUID relies on a combination of components to ensure uniqueness. UUIDs are constructed in a sequence of digits equal to 128 bits.
The ID is in hexadecimal digits, meaning it uses the numbers 0 through 9 and letters A through F. The hexadecimal digits are grouped as 32 hexadecimal characters with four hyphens: XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX.
The number of characters per hyphen is 8-4-4-4-12. The last section of four, or the N position, indicates the format and encoding in either one to three bits.
As an example, UUIDs based around time have segments that are divided by hyphens that signify low, mid and mid time and version as different timestamps used to identify the UID.
The digits under the last section, the node, denote the MAC address.