What is a strong password?
To prevent your password from being hacked or exposed, you need to create a strong password for your account. So what is a strong password?
Here are some suggestions for strong passwords:
- A strong password is a password that is at least 12 characters long.
- Contains many types of special characters combined together. Contains a variety of special characters combined, an example containing @ # $%
- A strong password is usually a combination of characters with no meaning, when put together, it is impossible to understand what they mean.
How to manage passwords well?
You have a strong password, but if not well managed, it is easy to be exposed or hacked at any time.
To manage your passwords well, we recommend that you check out the suggestions below:
- Change your password regularly, at least once every 3 months.
- Do not use your date of birth or personal or loved ones' information as passwords.
- If you use password managers (including browsers), you should encrypt them in your own way before you save information to that software. For example, you can add or remove a few characters or change a few characters before saving on it.
- Restrict account login on public computers, or devices that you do not own. If you have to log in information on someone else's computer, you should use a private browser, and be careful not to remember the password on this device, and also remember to logout after you finish.
- Always looking for ways to secure 2 layers with your account. For example, you can ask the service provider to update this feature, or always be aware of exploiting this feature.
- If you are a programmer please protect the user's password by encrypting one-way many layers. Use your own algorithms, uncommon algorithms to encrypt users' passwords.
- Regularly update your operating system, browser, and anti-virus software.
- Restricting strangers to use your computer is also a way to protect your data and passwords.
- Limited access through free wifi.
- When a website asks you to enter a password or to provide other sensitive information, check if the website supports https protocol or not?
- Do not use the same account or password on multiple websites